Sunday, January 27, 2008

Raw Food!


Lots of people ask me what it's like being a raw food vegan. Well....it's wonderful! Basically this means that I eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and some sprouted grains. Nothing cooked, processed or from animals. I started doing this in July of 2007, and I've lost 24 pounds! I am super-healthy, my skin is clear, and I feel great. I am thoroughly enjoying preparing food and eating as often as I want to.


Taking a raw food prep class and reading some of the recipe books is essential. It's also great to hook up with raw foodists in your community and online. http://www.giveittomeraw.com/ is a wonderful online group.


I am committed to making my family raw veggie-fruit (vruit) juices a few times per week. You can see my latest vruit mix here. In the Juiceman Jr., I juiced up: kale, chard, dandelion greens, beets, radishes, broccoli, multi-colored carrots, parsley, apples, oranges, cucumber. It tastes great, and if it ends up too strong, I do a half-half of the vruit with orange juice in a glass for the kids. I try different greens every week. Fun, nutritious and easy! I give the leftover fibery stuff in the juicer to the rabbit (she loves it!) and I keep a little for myself to blend up with sprouted grains to dehydrate raw crackers each week.


Feel free to email me anytime about raw food! It's made a big difference in my life, and I can stay up later than ever to do my fiber arts as a result of feeling so great! Also, click on the Raw Spirit Festival Banner at the bottom of this page for info. on attending the most wonderful raw food conference in the world!

No comments: