Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chicago!




I just returned from a nice trip to Chicago. What a beautiful city! Of course, I had to stop at a yarn shop and a raw food restaurant before I left.

Here is some pictures of Nina...the most chic yarn shop I've ever seen! I bought some Habu loopy yarn, some gorgeous wool Malabrigo in pinks and browns, and a cute ladybug tape measure for my daughter. I'm wearing my Tunisian-crocheted shawl/scarf that I made out of Louisa Harding's Thalia yarn (bought at Babetta's Yarn shop in Fair Oaks, CA), and my Debbie Bliss Camelino, crocheted gloves with knitted Lion Brand Ruffles trim and flowers from Buffalo Gold yarn and my own handspun alpaca. It all kept me warm during the April wind and sleet!

For dinner, my husband and I went to Karyn's Raw Vegan Gourmet Restaurant. Also fabulous and chic! The food was amazing. I had raviolis which I think were made out of thinly sliced jicama, stuffed with a cheese made from macadamia nuts, and loaded with a tomato-basil-olive sauce. Appetizer was sliced celery in a yummy, buttery-spicy sauce. Along with a shot of wheatgrass, glass of fresh coconut juice, and a delectable lemon pie, I was full, healthy and happy! And to top it all off, Karyn also has a cafe and market next door. I bought some of her amazing raw cookies to snack on for my trip back home.


No comments: